Our roots go back to 1934. This was the year that Charlie Sidell started in the water treatment business with his one employee, Emmett Culligan. They manufactured manual water softeners in their Fort Wayne, Indiana facility. In 1967, the new owners Robert and Rudy Wilfong moved the factory to Churubusco, Indiana. This new location provided room to grow in a rural and more wholesome environment to build the business. And grow it did! The business evolved into the largest supplier of water treatment equipment to the plumbing and well supply trade. Today, Sterling offers a complete line of innovative filters, softeners, and reverse osmosis systems. These products are available through licensed plumbers, well drillers, and pump installers nationwide.